Top 10 kitchen Trends
February 25th, 2011
More and more homeowners are remodeling and making the most of their space with these top 10 hot trends in the kitchen.
- Kitchens are now featuring a “family room” feel with more seating and dining areas.
- The most popular color choice for cabinets was white. It works well with almost any architectural style – traditional to contemporary.
- Stainless steel appliances are still a big hit, especially the fingerprint-resistant steel finish.
- More and more kitchens are featuring custom additions such as pizza-making stations, coffee bars and wine-tasting nooks.
- Walk-in pantries are popular for families and allow for ample storage of surplus items and bulk purchase like paper towels and canned goods.
- Tech-savvy kitchens are featuring more electronics, like wall-mounted televisions and built-in sound systems.
- Eco-friendly kitchens boost water-conserving faucets, energy start appliances and eco-friend cabinetry.
- Built-in appliances that look more like cabinets are popping up across the country.
- Lighting can convert from well-lit workspace to dimly lit formal dinner with the flip of a switch. Recessed lighting combined with chandeliers will do the trick.
- A save-and-splurge mentality helps keep remodelers on budget. Choose to splurge on appliances instead of countertops or a built-in wine rack instead of a porcelain sink.
Whether you're interested in buying your first home, your next home, or just want to know more about home-ownership in general, I encourage you to check out a couple of great online resources: http://www.texasrealestate.com/ or http://www.har.com/. And for all of your Pearland, TX and Northern Brazoria and Galveston County real estate needs, please visit my site at: http://www.danfrankrealty.com. All of these sites offer tons of useful, real estate-related information geared specifically for Texans.
Remember, Danny Frank is a local Pearland, TX Real Estate expert! You can see my entire blog at: http://www.pearlandrealtyblog.com
Login to Comment
To post a comment on this blog post, you must be an HAR Account subscriber, or a member of HAR. If you are an HAR Account subscriber or a member of HAR, please click here
to login. If you would like to create an HAR Account account, please click here
Disclaimer : The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Houston Association of REALTORS®