According to HAR.com, the Houston real estate market ended 2011 on a positive note with an increase of 11.4% of single family home sales. With 2011 behind us and the housing market experiencing growth, the forecast for 2012 is great. The Greater Houston Partnership has reported that more than 84,000 jobs will be added this year to our region, so that kind of strengthening to our local economy will translate into more home sales in 2012.
Here are some encouraging facts about the Houston housing market that took place this past November:
- The volume of single-family home sales rose for the sixth consecutive month
- The volume of townhouse/condominium sales increased for the fifth straight month
- The median sales price ($154,950) for single family homes reached the highest level for a November in Houston
- Single-family home rentals rose 13.5%
- Townhouse/condominium rentals increased 4.1%
- Houston’s average time to sell a home is at it’s lowest since January 2010, at 6.2 months compares favorably to the national average of 8.0 months
If you’re interested in buying or selling a Houston home or would like more information, call me today at 281-704-3749.