7 Steps To Winterize Your Home
January 2nd, 2017
- Clean your gutters: A professional will do the job for about $70 to $225.
- Sprinkler: For About $50 to $150 A Professional Drain your sprinkler system, doing so will help avoid freezing.
- Apply Silicone caulk: to siding and window and door frames where gaps exist.
- Check your heating system: For about $80 to $100, a technician will inspect your heating system to make sure it is clean.
- Drain your faucets and wrap your pipes: to prevent pipes from freezing. Remember to disconnect all hoses as soon as the temperature starts to drop. You may be able to purchase a frost free faucet for as little as $20.
- Prepare gardens, trees, and plants: Keep temperature even with a thick layer of mulch to insulate the soil.
- Chimney: To prevent chimney fire, make sure your chimney and vents are clean.
Diana Walton: Licensed Real Estate Advisor
First Time Home Buyer Specialist
Home Seller Enthusiast
HAR, CNE, TAR, MLS, NAR
Broker: Realty Associates
Mobile: (281) 923-1118
Office: (832) 321.5072