2018 is Here, Are You Ready for These 5 Home Design Trends?
January 4th, 2018
- Floral prints. Say goodbye to monotoned, pale-colored furniture and hello to bold, accented floral fabrics adorning your walls and cushions. Experts anticipate a surge in popularity for floral patterns with lots of color, particularly for drapery, chairs, bedspreads and throw pillows.
- Statement floors. Hardwood floors may not be the to-die-for flooring option anymore. Zillow’s predicting that geometric tile and light-colored herringbone-style hardwoods will rise on must-have lists for buyers and sellers alike. These types of flooring are perfect for small spaces in need of a wow factor, like bathrooms or laundry rooms.
- Light wood cabinets. No one wants cabinetry that can be easily stained, especially in kitchens or dining areas. That’s why medium and light wood cabinets are expected to rise in popularity next year, making any living space inviting with their flat fronts and clean lines.
- Warm neutrals. In terms of wall color, 2018 isn’t hinting at any crazy style choices, but it is ditching mute pastels for warm reds, browns and blues. Experts are pairing the light wooden cabinetry with moody color palettes to give interiors a more welcoming atmosphere.
- Matte metal hardware. Also pairing nicely with medium and light wooden cabinets in the kitchen are matte light fixtures and kitchen hardware, like drawer handles. Matte metal gives any appliance a sleek finish and adds professionalism to any space. Courtsey of Houstonagent magazine
Diana Walton - Broker - Mobile: 281.923.1118
Login to Comment
To post a comment on this blog post, you must be an HAR Account subscriber, or a member of HAR. If you are an HAR Account subscriber or a member of HAR, please click here
to login. If you would like to create an HAR Account account, please click here
Disclaimer : The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Houston Association of REALTORS®