Buyers Will Notice These Overlooked Dirt Spots
December 13th, 2017
Before you list your home for sale, it's a good idea to pay attention to certain areas of your home that frequently go uncleaned, but could catch the attention of potential buyers. Here are some spots that many homeowners are apt to miss, including:
- Light Fixtures - Always a magnet for dust and dead bugs. If possible, pull them down and spray a wipe them with a cleaner to get them glowing again.
- Toilet Body - It is recommended you wash the porcelain all over. Start at the tank and work your way down. Be sure to get the lid, under the lid, seat, surrounding floor and walls behind the toilet.
- Drawers - Use a mini vacuum or use a rag and vinegar to clean any dirt and crumbs that have accumulated in all of your drawers. Not just the ones in the kitchen.
- Ice Maker - Because old ice can absorb food odors, it's a good idea to clean and sanitize the entire system periodically. Pull out the bin dump the old ice and wipe down the bin and ice maker with vinegar. Before putting everything back, wipe it down with a dry rag to get rid of any excess moisture.
- Appliance Handles - Pay particular attention to the fridge and oven handles. Smudges and spots on those really stand out. It's also a good idea once a week to take the knobs off the stove, dish and grease screen from the microwave along with the bowl with your utensils and put them all in the dishwasher.
Disclaimer : The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Houston Association of REALTORS®