WANT TRUE HAPPINESS?
February 1st, 2010
Do These 10 Things for True Happiness
What does it take to be truly happy and have feelings of joy permeate your everyday life? The answer is that it takes a lot less than you might think.
Six British experts from a variety of disciplines--a psychologist, a psychotherapist, two workplace specialists, a social entrepreneur and an economist--worked together in an unusual three-month experiment to help the people living in the English town of Slough find happiness. What they found were 10 simple steps we can all take to make our lives happy, reports the BBC News.
The team determined that the "seeds of happiness" are in this 10-point plan. Do all of these regularly and you'll soon be smiling.
- Plant something and nurture it.
- Count your blessings--at least five--at the end of each day.
- Take time to talk. Have an hour-long conversation with a loved one each week.
- Phone a friend with whom you have not spoken for a while and arrange to meet up.
- Give yourself a treat every day and take the time to really enjoy it.
- Have a good laugh at least once a day.
- Get physical. Exercise for half an hour three times a week.
- Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger at least once each day.
- Cut your TV viewing by half.
- Spread kindness. Do a good turn for someone every day.
|©2002 All Content copyright of ContactDirect.Net
Login to Comment
To post a comment on this blog post, you must be an HAR Account subscriber, or a member of HAR. If you are an HAR Account subscriber or a member of HAR, please click here
to login. If you would like to create an HAR Account account, please click here
Disclaimer : The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Houston Association of REALTORS®