Sell Your Outdoor Space With These Tips
March 18th, 2016
Spring is here again, and as the mercury rises, most buyers will be focusing more on a home's outdoor space. There are some straightforward ways to highlight your home's outdoor features. Try some of these tips from Houselogic:
- Make a smooth transition from indoor to outdoor. Changing that basic exterior door with sliding glass or French doors that will give an open passage feeling and integrate the two more. Second, try using the same flooring (weatherproof obviously) for the backyard and the room leading to it, connecting the two rooms even more.
- Double down on comfy. This aint your father's outdoor furniture. Outdoor furniture has grown substaintially better over the years. Now they are just as plush as your interior furniture so go big on this. As an added bonus throw down some outdoor rugs to give your feet comfort as well.
- Set up a Wi-Fi paradise. Now give that louge mordern day smartphone amenities like outdoor Wi-Fi antennas, solar USB charging stations, and outdoor speakers, so people can see how they will use thier digital toys in the space. Adding an outdoor TV that is all-weather will keep you there for the big game as well.
- Let there be light. Outdoor lighting can drastically increase a home's curb appeal. According to a National Association of Home Builders survey exterior lighting is buyers' most desired outdoor feature. Highlight trees and architectural features with uplights, walkways with landscape solar lights, and entertaining and grilling areas with sconces and pendant lights.
- Add a unique outdoor feature. Try adding something that can't be done inside to give it a more unique feel. A firepit, outdoor playhouse, or dog run will give a potential buyer a sense of how to use that valuable outdoor space.
Source: "7 Ideas to Help Use Your Outdoor Space More," Houselogic
Login to Comment
To post a comment on this blog post, you must be an HAR Account subscriber, or a member of HAR. If you are an HAR Account subscriber or a member of HAR, please click here
to login. If you would like to create an HAR Account account, please click here
Disclaimer : The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Houston Association of REALTORS®