7 Steps To Winterize Your Home
January 2nd, 2017
- Clean your gutters: A professional will do the job for about $70 to $225.
- Sprinkler: For About $50 to $150 A Professional Drain your sprinkler system, doing so will help avoid freezing.
- Apply Silicone caulk: to siding and window and door frames where gaps exist.
- Check your heating system: For about $80 to $100, a technician will inspect your heating system to make sure it is clean.
- Drain your faucets and wrap your pipes: to prevent pipes from freezing. Remember to disconnect all hoses as soon as the temperature starts to drop. You may be able to purchase a frost free faucet for as little as $20.
- Prepare gardens, trees, and plants: Keep temperature even with a thick layer of mulch to insulate the soil.
- Chimney: To prevent chimney fire, make sure your chimney and vents are clean.
Diana Walton: Licensed Real Estate Advisor
First Time Home Buyer Specialist
Home Seller Enthusiast
HAR, CNE, TAR, MLS, NAR
Broker: Realty Associates
Mobile: (281) 923-1118
Office: (832) 321.5072
Login to Comment
To post a comment on this blog post, you must be an HAR Account subscriber, or a member of HAR. If you are an HAR Account subscriber or a member of HAR, please click here
to login. If you would like to create an HAR Account account, please click here
Disclaimer : The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Houston Association of REALTORS®