Preparing for Hurricane Harvey
August 25th, 2017
As Hurricane Harvey approaches, I trust that you are taking every precaution to ensure you, your families and friends will suffer no injury or damage to self or property. Her are some basic steps you can take to ensure your safety should the storm hit:
- Emergency Supplies You Will Need: Stock your home and your car with supplies.
- Make a Plan: Create a family disaster plan.
- Avoid Flooded Areas : Take precautions before, during, and after a flood.
- Prepare to Evacuate: Never ignore an evacuation order.
- Protecting Older Adults: Understand older adult health and medical concerns.
- Protecting Pets: Ensure your pet’s safety before, during, and after an emergency.
- Prevent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning after the storm: Place generators outside at least 20 feet from any door, window, or vent.
I hope everyone is able to endure the hurricane without incident. Please be safe.
Login to Comment
To post a comment on this blog post, you must be an HAR Account subscriber, or a member of HAR. If you are an HAR Account subscriber or a member of HAR, please click here
to login. If you would like to create an HAR Account account, please click here
Disclaimer : The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Houston Association of REALTORS®
Join My Blog
A Time to Buy - A Time to Sell by Diana Walton is a comprehensive dialogue designed to keep you informed with up to the minute market data to help you make the best decision regarding your real estate goals, buying or selling.