Are you planning on buying a home in Houston Texas or the surrounding area during 2019? If so, there are a variety of things that you should never say when buying a house.
In this article I will list some of the most common things that most buyers say when purchasing a home because knowing what not to say could save you thousands of dollars and the headache of paying more for a home than you should.
What Not To Say When Buying A Home
1. “This is my dream house!”— gushing leads sellers to believe you’ll do anything for the house and play hardball accordingly.
2. “That couch is hideous”— never insult the home seller’s taste.
3. “I can’t wait to rip out that swing set”— home sellers with memories in the home might not want to hear about all the changes you’ll make.
4. “I can afford to spend x” — you’ve tipped your hand too much.
5. “Why are you selling?”— likewise, sellers don’t want you to pry.
Source – Washington Post
Things To Do Before Purchasing A Home
Since buying a home will potentially be the most expensive purchase of your life, there are a variety of things that you should do before making that purchase including the following:
* Know what you're searching for in a home - Take the time to talk with your spouse, partner or significant other about the key features that you're searching for including bedrooms, bathrooms, square feet and amenities.
* Learn more about the school district - Carefully research the school district to determine if it has the right schools for you to send your children to.
* Get your financing in order - This includes getting pre-approved for a mortgage loan because, you don't want to let anything stop you from getting your offer on a home approved.
To get started with searching for a home in Houston Texas, or the surrounding area contact me today by calling: (713) 819-1642 or click here to connect with me online.