So you're feeling and looking good and ready to sell your home! Question is: Does your HOME look as good as you do??
A study showed that within 15 seconds a buyer has developed an opinion of your property!
That's not a lot of time...so what what can you do to make a good first impression?
Focus on the Model Home Effect. The best way to make a buyer feel comfortable is to create an environment that makes them want to STAY in your home. This is similar to what people will find when touring a model home. Now I'm not saying to get rid of everything you own and start from scratch, but do focus on some of the following key points.
1. Make the environment neutral. Take down personal photos or "attention grabbing" items.
2. Let the colors and interior decorating accent the home's features. You may need to re-paint that "orange" wall or take down some old wallpaper in the bathrooms. Replace these items with a warm neutral color. It is cheap to do and will make a big difference.
3. Your home should smell CLEAN and NEW. Have you ever gotten in someone's car that smelled like smoke or a wet dog....need I say more!
4. Your home should be quiet or enhanced by soft background music. Create the MOOD.
5. Make sure all details are looked after, from keeping the yard manicured to a floral arrangement in the entry.
Don't be too sexy for your home. Take a few steps and make your home ATTRACTIVE for the next potential owner!